At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Additional Facts:
Summary of Duties
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Division EMR Analyst HCAPS serves as the primary division resource for implementation and support of ambulatory electronic medical record (EMR) software. The Division EMR analyst works closely with the integrated support team (HCAPS, IT&S, CSG, SSP, etc.) to provide content build, workflow analysis, optimization planning, training, and live support of clinical users on the EMR. Duties Include and Are Not Limited To
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- EMR Implementation and Support
- Participates and supports implementations and go-live activities at assigned sites, including support of new practices, and training go-live support for new providers joining existing EMR sites.
- Supports ongoing use of standard and customizable content, clinical integration, and optimization activities.
- Develops, executes, and supports tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives.
- Acts as first point of contact for EMR software support questions following the ambulatory EMR application go-live at assigned sites.
- Plans, documents and executes post-implementation optimization plans for assigned sites.
- Conducts regular on-site visits for assigned practices.
- Coordinates/conducts regularly scheduled user groups/forums for assigned sites.
- Conducts problem analysis and timely and accurate resolution for complex issues and requests escalated from the integrated support team, or other resources regarding ambulatory EMR software.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and integrated support team resources in managing resolution of ambulatory EMR application issues and requests.
- Participates in root cause analysis as trends in issues are identified.
- Works with integrated support team to provide support for software functionality, content and defect resolution updates.
- Supports testing of ambulatory EMR functionality; assists in interpretation of test plans and in troubleshooting; and testing of clinical integration points.
- EMR Operational Standards and Support
- Works with assigned sites to understand certification/regulatory needs and identifies methods to meet requirements.
- Works with Shared Services for Physicians Education team to design and develop standard and customized education/training materials for the ambulatory EMR clinical application to support staff, physician and clinical support roles training and continued education.
- Provides training to super users on ambulatory EMR application functionality.
- Works with the integrated support team to define clinical application reporting standards and works with facilities to implement the standards.
- Coordinates priorities for reporting requests with the integrated support team.
- Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices.
- Participates with peers in enterprise communities to identify and evaluate best practices, implementing, training and promoting best practice efforts.
- Troubleshoots basic wireless/network/computer issues and works with integrated support team for resolution.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Mature understanding of clinical application support processes and workflow, ambulatory EMR preferred
- Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines such as HIPAA
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer service focus
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills, including ability to perform basic wireless/network/computer issues.
- Proficiency in clinical applications, ambulatory EMR preferred
- Customer service orientation and/or training
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years experience in clinical application support, training, implementation, optimization.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom