Eaton is looking for a Division Lead Financial Analyst. The Division Lead Financial Analyst will be located in our Southern Pines, NC facility.
A key leader within Golf Pride finance team. This role will lead and own all financial aspects of the US and UK businesses, including financial performance, business analysis and leading projects and process improvements for the overall Golf Pride business. This role will manage and lead the global Golf Pride business internal controls and SOX compliance activities. This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive management decision, actions and improve operational and financial results. The Lead Analyst provides proactive leadership around issues and opportunities. The individual will need to drive short term actions to achieve current results while supporting the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment. The position also ensures assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets. The position reports directly to the FP&A Manager.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Develop and coordinate profit plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for division management, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations.
- Advise and counsel FP&A manger, Division Controller and leadership team on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions.
- Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reporting.
- Implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements.
- Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control. Control and maintain adequate product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities.
- Ownership of account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of general ledger and its supporting sub-systems for US & US ledgers. Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting. Ensure adequate training and oversight is provided to all finance personnel to ensure account reconciliations meet Eaton’s requirements. Provide leadership and support for the Balance Sheet Review process (overall Golf Pride).
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls (Golf Pride Business) that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX.
- Manage global CAR process to ensure it is streamlined, efficient and effective. Manage global capital budget.
- Ensures that the appropriate plant quality policy and system are thoroughly implemented in the finance function. Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the plant with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing. Ensures the deployment of finance standard work.
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements, as required. (This is especially important in location outside of the US.)
- Provide leadership to ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
- Work in a team environment to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Three years professional experience in Accounting or Finance
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s degree in Finance or MBA from an accredited institution
- Five years professional experience in Accounting or Finance related positions
- CPA and or CMA qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience working with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements
- 2 years’ experience working in a large corporate environment with exposure to Corporate, region/division and plant reporting policies
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities often with demanding time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization; exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities to achieve clear alignment between plant and region/division.
- Strong change management leadership skills required to drive environment of continuous improvement.
- Solid professional presence and confidence required to interact and command respect from Plant Leadership team.
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated; focused
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.