Hospital Corporation of American is one of the leading healthcare providers in the country with 174 hospitals, 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
HCA Capital Division is proud to serve HCA's Mission by continuing to provide high quality and compassionate patient-centered healthcare to our communities across Virginia, New Hampshire, Kentucky and Indiana.
- 18 Hospital Campuses
- 140 Physician Practice Locations in 4 states
- 18,814 Employees
- 608,250 ER Visits and 13,836 babies delivered
- Responsible for training and retention of registered nurses who wish to become perioperative nurses through the OR nurse residency program.
- Teaches didactic portion of internship program; oversees clinical rotations and hospital placement process
- Chairs "Residency Advisory Committee", incorporates suggestions from committee into residency program.
- Identifies problems or deficiencies in performance and knowledge of patient care, researches subject matter related to problems/deficiencies and develops educational activities/programs based on identified needs.
- Collaborates with the OR directors in the development and evaluation of qualified preceptors.
- Acts as a liaison with Schools of Nursing throughout division developing programs that will increase the pipeline of surgical nurses within the division.
- Act as a resource for nurses, educators and directors in relation to standards of practice, ethics or regulatory issues in both traditional and nontraditional OR's (L&D, cath lab and Interventional Radiology).
- Provides CNOR review classes market wide, with the goal of having qualified nurses achieve certification.
- Works to standardize basic policies and forms utilized by surgical services throughout the division.
- Works with directors to assesses units for compliance with AORN standards and national patient safety goals.
- Works with career Division Specialist to obtain grant funds for Nursing Education programs.
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Current VA nursing license or eligible to obtain a VA nursing license
- 5 to 10 years of OR experience
- CNOR preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom