At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.Additional Facts:
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures
The Division Reporting Analyst gathers requirements for new or enhanced reports from end users across the division and facilities in support of Meditech, HCA financial systems, and various clinical and non-clinical applications. This position is responsible for the requirements analysis, design, development, and testing of reports, and ensuring end user requirements are met in a timely manner. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
#INDDM Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Reviews problem statements received from end users across the division and facilities. Analyzes and develops proposed reporting solutions in support of Meditech, HCA financial systems, and various clinical and non-clinical applications.
- Creates new or modified reports based on special requirements and/or system reporting needs defined with the business.
- Serves as a resource to Division Clinical Specialists in meeting reporting requirements for the Division.
- Works with Division Clinical Specialist Team to set priorities of report requests.
- Reviews new or modified report-generating programs to assess system impact on in-house customizations or vendor-based enhancements.
- Reviews and maintains all documentation associated with assigned reporting systems.
- Performs detailed functional and quality testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Reviews and maintains user manuals using required approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Completes base packaging and turnover of reports to Division Clinical Specialist for distribution.
- Creates and maintains a library of standard reports that can be generated by users and communicates regarding updates to this library.
- Serves as the reporting subject matter expert for the Division.
- Adheres to and supports HCA ITS standards, policies and procedures.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires proficiency in various programming and reporting tools, including but not limited to Meditech NPR, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, ARCPlan
- Possesses a strong understanding of reporting approaches and techniques
- Has demonstrated proficiency in database architecture and structures
- Possesses knowledge of healthcare systems and relevant workflows
- Demonstrates advanced reasoning and math skills
- Effectively communicates across a broad audience
- Has comprehensive knowledge of activities, tasks, and practices associated with defining and documenting requirements
- Understands activities, tasks, tools, and techniques for testing new functionality
- Possesses knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of user reference documentation
- Modifications to database structure or existing system logic that impact or compromise routine vendor maintenance are not supported, and, in general, should be avoided.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three or more years in an Information Technology environment is required
- Demonstrated experience in the use of programming and reporting tools
- At least three years experience in a clinical application support environment is desirable
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom