Divisional Sales Manager, Political - Media
Spectrum Reach is currently looking for a Political Sales Manager, Division to drive our Political advertising revenue throughout the West multi-state region.
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To ensure maximum sales revenue for SR Division's political advertising emanating from NCC Media and in-market local sales within sub-regions of the Division. The individual is responsible for the oversight of all political sales revenue in the SR markets in the division. The role will serve as the SR Political Sales Leader for client facing efforts with; political media buying agencies, consultants, parties, committees, digital and data firms in the division and Wash DC. Develop strategies to achieve results in collaboration with SR DVP, VP Political Strategy and Sales, SR political stakeholders and NCC Media
- Meet or exceed Division Political Sales Budgets
- Eliminate barriers to success – within Division SR markets, with NCC Media, and with agency customers or wherever they occur
- Develop revenue generating quarterly sales plans and appropriate action for achievement
- Establish an accountability plan with Division markets’ Directors of Sales, Local Political Sales teams and NCC Media to identify responsibilities and measure progress
- Introduce, position and commercialize SR data targeting offerings with the Division and Washington DC Political marketplace including development of pilot programs and use cases to grow 2018 revenue
- Astute knowledge of all Political Policies and Procedures
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prepare weekly Division political projections and monitor activity level
- Develop and communicate the Division political sales strategy and tactics necessary to achieve and exceed annual sales budgets
- Generate client specific sales plans for the Division’s high profile/competitive races in concert with NCC Media & SR in-market political field teams
- Guide the development of relationships with key Division & National advertiser and agency personnel including; in state consultants, party leaders, committees, digital and data firms
- Develop Division heat maps to identify key state and municipal races, ballot/issue activity that are expected to impact Division markets and states. Include all key influencers including campaign personnel, associated agencies, strategists, etc.
- Coordinate end to end Plan/Buy selling efforts in concert with SR Division political field sales & NCC Media
- Partner with Pricing & Planning team to ensure SR employs competitive and compliant pricing strategy for all markets within the Division
- Work in concert with Charter Government Affairs team in rationalizing the Division political opportunity landscape of high profile and competitive federal, state and local races as well as party/committee/PAC spend and Issues & Ballot prospects
- Participate in Political organizations and associations within the Division in concert with VP Political Strategy & Sales and Government Affairs in-state teams in efforts to elevate SR’s profile with key stakeholders
- Engage and entertain key in-state political decision-makers in the local markets and at political trade shows/conferences for the purpose of promoting SR as the political platform of choice and essential media partner for targeting and engaging voters
- Develop deep industry knowledge of political category trends & insights impacting the market and communicate local market competitive media offerings and partnerships targeting the political category
- Communicate local/regional political sales prospecting and revenue activity to market sales leaders (and corporate) on a bi-weekly basis
- Ensure best practices and develop case studies regarding successful political advertising partnership programs
- Partner with SR Data, Research & Product teams to develop the value proposition regarding data and digital offerings for commercializing with key political clients
- Develop deep industry knowledge of political category trends & insights impacting the marketplace and communicate regularly with SR Political field teams and NCC regarding local political market competitive media offerings, viewing trends, custom research and market nuances
- Ensure SR superior customer care in the areas of; timely order confirmations, schedule stewardship, makegoods, revisions and respond to requests within 24 hours.
The ideal candidate would include a minimum of 10 years experience, the last five in a senior sales or management position preferably with political advertising market experience.
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- College degree
- A solid reputation as a superior sales/sales management executive.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities including excellent oral and written skills.
- High intelligence with a demonstrable sales and marketing orientation.
- High energy, solid time management skills and persistence in the pursuit of goals.
- Proven ability as a hands-on, results oriented team builder
- Strong acumen for the political advertising ecosystem including proven customer relationships
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.