DLP Product Support Engineer - Job Description
• Provide complex technical support to customers, partners and employees (Sales, Consulting, etc.) on the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) product portfolio
• Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs
• Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products and to improve product quality
• Exercise judgment within defined processes and procedures to determine appropriate action
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc.
• Document known issues within Knowledge Management system of record
• Demonstrate proper handling of escalated accounts in order to bring the right resources to bear to return customers and partners to optimum health
• Act as final point of escalation within Technical Support model, serving as important interface between customer and Engineering
• Perform other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's Degree is strongly desired. In the absence of a completed Bachelor's degree, any of the following will suffice: (a) minimum of 5-years Security software experience in a Technical Support role (b) minimum of 7-years IT Security domain experience (c) or minimum of 5-years IT Security domain experience with 1 or more of the following up-to-date certifications: CISSP, MCSE, MCP, CNE, CCNA or CompTIA Security+
• Previous experience working in a fast paced client/technical environment is highly regarded
• Strong technology enthusiast with passion for troubleshooting and structured problem solving
• Solid communication nuances and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Computer Literacy: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (Intermediate +), SFDC
• Domain expertise with DLP is highly regarded
• Cloud expertise is highly regarded
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.