DNS & Load Balancing Architect
Provide IT network DNS and load balancing architecture and strategy for new innovations, project designs, and standards development. Ensures adherence to defined Network Engineering Processes and identifies and helps influence platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction.
• Enterprise DNS / DHCP and Load Balancing strategy, solutions, and ongoing technology refresh and enhancements
• Enterprise DNS / DHCP and Load Balancing architecture standards for internal and cloud hosted services
• Enterprise DNS / DHCP and Load Balancing architecture standards for third party access and control to Capital One Systems
• Acquisition integration for DNS / DHCP and Load Balancing services.
• Feasibility engagements with business groups to ensure integrated network strategies are incorporated early in the process.
• Provide Technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel
• Ensure architecture standards and policies are properly documented and current
• Technology integration point with other Capital One Engineering towers and architecture teams to provide strategic solutions.
• Provide technical consultation with operations and line of business teams to address updated requirements and ensure adherence to defined standards and strategies.
• Develop comprehensive DNS, DHCP, and IPAM framework and roadmap for a distributed hybrid cloud and datacenter environment.
• Engage with industry/vendor forums and subject matter experts to evolve core DNS and load balancer architecture.
Does this describe you? If so you may be just the person we want to talk to!
• Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with proven ability to collaborate across different teams.
• Extremely organized with the ability to manage fast-paced multiple projects, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams.
• High school diploma, GED/equivalent certification or military experience.
• 2 years’ experience in Technical Leadership of medium to large IT projects
• 5 years’ experience in IPAM solutions and implementations.
• 3 years’ experience with application infrastructure and standards.
• 5 years’ experience in all technical aspects of DNS / DHCP / Load Balancing Engineering and Architecture
• 2 years’ experience with external DNS resolution and GTM technologies
• 2 years’ experience with DNS redirects
• 2 years’ experience with Internal DNS and AD domains
• 2 years’ experience with Infoblox technologies
• 2 years’ experience designing, configuring, and maintaining Grid Masters
• 1 year of experience with Trinzic management
• 1 year of experience with AWS Route 53
• 2 years’ experience with F5 services, AWS elastic load balancers, and virtualized AWS market load balancing services
• 1 year of experience with F5 Enterprise Manager
• Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or Computers
• 4 years’ experience in Technical Leadership of medium to large IT projects
• 10 years’ experience in all technical aspects of DNS / DHCP / Load Balancing Engineering and Architecture
• 2 years’ experience with Infoblox / F5 technologies
• 2 years’ experience with Cloud DNS / Load Balancing services
• 2 years’ experience with other DNS / IP address management solutions and vendors
• 2 years’ experience with other Load Balancing solutions and vendors
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.