Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for assisting with the design, implementation and operational support of the Comcast's Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure. Provides technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing, and operations of DNS in DevOps environment. Acts as a DNS Subject Matter Expert. Acts as a cross-functional liaison to other teams.
- Provides engineering and operational support for Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure and technologies. Diagnoses and resolves escalated issues.
- Analyzes DNS infrastructure design and traffic volume for network optimization.
- Follows engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for DNS infrastructure.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent,Field of Study:Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5- 8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer