Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
Marina Services in addition to providing monthly/annual slips and buoys offers a Managed Boat package as well as a la carte services for piloting, cleaning, pump outs, and cart service. The Marina Services Worker - Dockhand will primarily perform dockhand, cart driver, cleaner and porter duties. The Marina Services Worker is flexible, willing to assist wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme head conditions and committed to delivering the highest level of customer service. Essential Functions:
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Status and Scope:
- Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard and able to deal with constant lifting and bending.
- Drive and maneuver an ATV, cart, boats and vehicles safely and effectively
- Lifting, carrying and transporting items, which may weigh over 50 pounds
- Provide assistance to guests as needed when docking boats in the Marina
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the docks, parking lots, fishing dock and surrounding areas by pressure washing, removing trash and debris and cleaning all public areas.
- Check cleanliness of black carts when transporting them to proper locations
- Keeping ATV, carts, boats and vehicles clean and equip with proper equipment
- Ensuring all marina restrooms are cleaned and stocked with proper supplies
- Collecting and disposing of guest trash and recyclables on the dock
- Transporting trash compactor, recycle barge, used oil and batteries to launch ramp
- Transporting deliveries to the Marina Office, Marina Store, Latitude 37 and the Parts Room from the launch ramp.
- Shuttle guests and/or supplies to buoys/slips by boat
- Professional and proper VHF communication skills
- Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to; retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
- Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment and ensure proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques.
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used.
- Be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary.
- Identify any maintenance and safety issues.
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to offer assistance wherever needed
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, as well as long shifts including early morning and late nights
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security and emergencies
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Marina Service Worker reports to the Dock Supervisor.
- Marina Service Worker must be comfortable carrying and lifting heavy items.
- Guest Services Worker cannot be prone to motion sickness as they will be spending hours at a time on the docks.
- Guest Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat.
- Guest Services Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day.
- Strong English communication skills are required.
- Previous maintenance and boating experience preferred.
- Ability to multi task in high stress situations.
- Must be 21 years of age or over
- Required to drive company Boats, ATV/cart, and/or Vehicles
- Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Pre-employment background check is required for this position.
Pressure Washer, Hand Truck, VHF Radio, Cart, Pallet Jack, Boats, ATV, Barge Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
VERY HEAVY Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more. Physical Requirements:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.