AstraZeneca has an immediate need for a Docketing Coordinator
in Gaithersburg, MD
to support our global patent portfolio. The Docketing Coordinator will provide essential and specialized support relating to the docketing and deadline maintenance of all phases of domestic and foreign patent prosecution.
The Docketing Coordinator will work with a team, supporting the creation and preservation of value relating to AstraZeneca burgeoning pharmaceutical and biologic assets.
The Docketing Coordinator should be proactive, have strong organization and time management skills, and value flexibility, creativity and a willingness to accept new challenges. Additional opportunities to develop and grow will be supported. Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Docketing Coordinator will be responsible for the daily docketing of all patent-related correspondence received from the US Patent and Trademark Office, the European Patent Office, patent offices worldwide, foreign agents and outside counsel. The Docketing Coordinator will also monitor and de-docket all outgoing patent-related mail.
The Docketing Coordinator will also work in our document management system and work together and work together with Senior Docketing Coordinators to support completion of additional projects. The Docketing Coordinator will also work with team to support ad hoc projects as needed.Essential Requirements
- This position requires at least 4-5 years of experience ideally in both corporate and law firm environments.
- Comprehensive US and international patent and docketing experience, ideally gained in both 'in house' and in a law firm
- Comprehensive knowledge of US and foreign patent prosecution procedures
- Proficiency in industry-standard docket software products
- Proficiency in industry-standard document management systems
- Ability to work in a paper-free, open-space environment
- Proactive, flexible to change and varying workloads, able to work well under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Adobe and Excel
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organisation
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability to foster a positive and energised working environment.
- College education or equivalent in experience and training
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Knowledge of CPA MemoTech
- Knowledge of DeskSite or FileSite document management systems.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.