• DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1
• CCAP, DAA (Remote Phy, Remote MAC/Phy)
• DSG, BSoD, Packet Cable
• IPv4, IPv6
• FTTx, EPON
• Other emerging technologies
• SDN/NFV, NETConf, YANG
• Openstack, VMWare on UCS
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
• Responsible for testing, evaluation, integration and configuration of Charter DOCSIS platforms.
• Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to commercial deployment.
• Develop documentation related to design and proper configuration of system components.
• Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations.
• Has ability to transfer knowledge to division and field engineering personnel as necessary to insure the timely deployment of new technology.
• Represent Charter business interests in a wide variety of settings and relationships including company management, business partners, and equipment vendors.
• Be a contributor for Charter Business offerings such as RIP, MIR, BSOD and static IP services.
• In addition contribute to SW development and TR-069 technologies including defining Charter specifications for CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP).
• Define Charter custom models between customer-premises equipment (CPE) and Auto Configuration Servers (ACS).
• Position includes standardizing Charter auto configuration and the control of other CPE management functions within an integrated framework.
• This includes design and testing of the growing number of different Internet access devices such as modems, OLT’s, eMTA’s, routers, gateways, set-top boxes,and VoIP-phones for the end-users.
• Contribute to the growth of SDN/NFV in the Access device categories, utilizing NETConf and YANG models.
• Act as highest-level escalation point for customer issues in the enterprise.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.