Do you have a passion for health information management and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career at Parallon and apply today to be a Document Imaging Lead!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The Document Imaging Lead is responsible for achieving the day-to day operational goals by coordinating and performing activities as it relates to prepping, scanning, and indexing workflow, and document imaging queue management for multiple hospitals in Horizon Patient Folder/McKesson Patient Folder (HPF/MPF). Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Provides direction to the HIM Document Imaging Technicians in the management and performance of daily work processes
- Coordinates prepping, scanning, and indexing activities, work assignments, and staffing levels to accomplish daily operational goals.
- Assists in establishing staffing schedules and monitors attendance policy violations.
- May be expected to accept weekend on-call coverage on a potentially rotating basis as defined by departmental policy.
- Assists the HIM Document Imaging Manager in review and improvement of processes and services.
- Reports to the supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, and progression in mastering tasks and work processes.
- Identifies, provides, and/or facilitates individual and team training needs.
- Coaches, facilitates, solves work problems, and actively participates in the work of the team.
- Technical Skills - ability to apply, review, and educate on equipment and processes.
- Organization - establishes course of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task.
- Communication - communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Interpersonal skills- able to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps.
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job.
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- At least one year of document imaging experience required
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom