Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry's largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
The HIM Document Imaging Technician II is responsible for efficiently and accurately prepping, indexing and quality checking documents into the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) document imaging system.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensures that all discharged records are received from the facilities for document imaging
• Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures which includes, but is not limited to:
o remove staples
o repair tears
o remove duplicate copies
o remove electronically fed documents with no handwriting on them
o appropriately placing leader sheets
o placing like forms in reverse chronological order
o ensure patient identifiers are present on all pages including front and back
o ensure all documents belong to the same patient/account
• Indexes each medical record document in the HPF system which includes, but is not limited to:
o verifies that images are correct and legible
o ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient
o ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient account
o ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate document type
• Scans documents according to policies and procedures on an "as-needed" basis as directed by the HIM Document Imaging Manager or their designee.
• Responsible for the accuracy of the legal medical record through the proper assignment of documents to the electronic record having a direct impact on patient care
• Maintains or exceeds established quality standards
• Maintains or exceeds the following productivity standards:
Prepping: To be determined
o Indexing: 1600 images/hour (800 paper pages/hour)
• Monitors imaging system daily for scanning errors and/or requests
• Participates at regular intervals in quality scanning audits as designated by HSC and/or HIM Document Imaging leadership
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and the "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Technical Skills - ability to apply, review, and educate on equipment and processes
• Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
• Communication - communicates clearly, proactively and concisely with all key stakeholders
• Critical Thinking - actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning or communication as a guide to belief and action
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
• Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all
• High school diploma or equivalency
• 1 year experience in an office environment preferred. Prior medical record experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - None
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom