Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why after more than a decade Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Job Summary - The HIM Document Imaging Technician II is responsible for efficiently and accurately prepping and/or indexing and quality checking documents from single or multiple hospitals into the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) document imaging system.
Supervisor - HIM Document Imaging Manager; Facility HIM Manager/Director if located in a facility-based scanning center.
Supervises - None
Duties (included but not limited to):
Prepping duties include:
• Meets with the HSC courier to receive and account for all totes/containers delivered.
• Unpacks all totes/containers; sorts and measures medical records according to established procedures.
• Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures which includes, but is not limited to:
o Remove staples.
o Repair tears.
o Remove duplicate copies.
o Identify electronically fed documents with no handwriting on them.
o Placing like forms in reverse chronological order.
o Ensure patient identifiers are present on all pages, including front and back.
o Ensure all documents belong to the same patient/account.
Indexing duties include:
• Indexes each medical record document in the HPF system which includes, but is not limited to:
o Verifies images are correct and legible.
o Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient.
o Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate patient account.
o Ensures that each scanned document is associated to the appropriate document type.
• Performs a paper document to PC screen validation to ensure that all documents associated with each record have been scanned.
• Scans documents according to policies and procedures on an "as-needed" basis, as directed by departmental processes, the HIM Document Imaging Manager, or their designee.
• Assists with the boxing of scanned documents according to established procedures.
• General duties:
o Maintains or exceeds established quality standards.
o Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards.
o Participates at regular intervals in quality audits as designated by HSC and/or HIM Document Imaging Leadership.
• Communicates issues and any process barriers to leadership appropriately.
• Works effectively as part of a team atmosphere to perform duties and achieve daily operational goals.
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and the "Mission and Value Statement".
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Organization - establishes courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task.
• Communication - communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders.
• Critical Thinking - actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication as a guide to belief and action.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational P&Ps.
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications, and others as required.
• Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
• One-year experience in an office environment preferred. Prior medical record experience strongly preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom