A large client of TEKsystems is looking for a Field Technician to support a location in Grayling, MI. This resource will be responsible for providing Desktop Support to the end users at the facility. This a long term engagement with good stability. *Important*
Candidates will be required to go through a Department of Defense Security Clearance Process for a Secret Level Clearance. This is required and should be Active. US Citizenship is REQUIRED
- Perform system patching, updates, refresh of operating system image.
- Installation of all peripherals, projectors, printers, camera's, sound equipment and recording devices.
- Configuring, installation, and support of all video conferencing systems.
- Configuring and maintenance of routers, switches, and bridge system for conferencing.
- Manage and coordinate calendars and scheduling tools for 55 systems and 500 computers.
- Conduct inventory and document hand receipts for all incoming and outgoing equipment.
- Coordinate staff support of all equipment and facilities for end users.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- CompTIA Security + Certification REQUIRED
- DoD Secret Clearance REQUIRED
- Additional certifications are preferred
- Experience responding to technical trouble tickets
- Employee will make decisions about scheduling of resources based on level of need and resources available.
- Software or hardware changes made to equipment in support of program or mission requirements.
- Large amount of lifting and bending is required, climbing ladders, working in small or high areas, use of tools typically associated with running cable, testing systems, or repairing computer or network equipment.
- Employee should be able to lift 50 pounds independently and up to 100 pounds with assistance to facilitate moving or installing equipment.
- Employee works with sharp tools and electronic tools daily.
- All of these tasks represent 75% of an average workday. 2-3 years experience is required
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.