Domain Architect -- Vice President
The Domain Architect is an Enterprise Architect aligned to a specific business domain (Payments, Credit, Risk etc.). The Domain Architect develops architectural designs that support data and manages the architecture and design patterns applied to program/project development, satisfying business requirements while enforcing Comerica Architecture standards
This Domain Architect is located at our Auburn Hills Operations Center and reports to the Chief Architect. This position has no direct reports.
* Approves estimates, and owns plans for larger/more complex projects and facilitates system architecture.
* Implements common Architectures across Projects within the associated Domain.
* Analyzes and translates requirements into Architectural Designs
* Provides guidance to the Architecture team in the creation and maintenance of detailed Architecture artifacts
* Approves Architectures for consistency across all technology areas within the Domain
* Selects which strategies and standards will be used in enterprise data integration solutions, and publishes standards
* Creates complex solutions with new technology and cross train staff
* Applies standard tools and architecture patterns to satisfy business requirements
* Manages and publishes policies, best practices, architecture and design patterns and leverages existing assets
* Presents, overall metrics showing principles, strategies, and standards applied to measure the value and quality provided to the organization
* Manages the inventory and evolution of system components
* Works with management to prepare timely and accurate status reports.
* Provides technical and analytical guidance to team members. Mentors and coaches Analysts and other Architects
* Accountable for consulting with internal technology and Client areas regarding the services and data provided
* Directs remediation of discrepancies with data, delivery, or accessibility and supervises integrity of the architecture as a whole
* Prioritizes continuous improvement initiatives, and decides which efficiency, productivity, or usage tasks will be done.
* Governs policies, and mandates procedures.
* Protects system, through instructing remediation, based on system SLA, logs, user experience, and data quality metrics compiled
* Authorizes security patterns included in designs
* Enforces the inclusion of Security Risk standards in design
* Manages through remediation, of system vulnerability
* Have significant depth in the specific area they are aligned with (Payments, Credit etc.)
* Understand the specific business drivers of their area of support
* Understand the business processes and capabilities in their area of support
* Architectural ownership of the entire technology portfolio in their area of support (applications, data, infrastructure, integrations etc.)
* Ownership of the integrated roadmap of all the technology assets supporting their domain
* Understanding and defining specific technology strategies for the entire technology stack in their domains
* Ownership of the business architecture of their domain (business capabilities, processes, domain business strategy)
* Working collaboratively with the central EA function to align and integrate domain strategies and architectures
* Explicit design oversight and responsibility for all the work the various architects are performing in the domain (principal architects, solution architects etc.)
* Review and approval of all technology strategies and designs in the domain
* Work collaboratively with the DCIO to ensure consistency of domain architecture with domain strategy
* Support the domain in their direct interaction with business partners
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Travel is not required of this position.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university with 10 years of Information Technology experience or 14 years of I.T. work experience
* 8 years of building technical components using design specifications is required.
* 6 years of expertise with technologies required for job function
* TOGAF or other EA framework certification
* 5 years of experience in the specific area of support as a Business Architect, Management consultant, etc.
* 5 years of experience with Agile practices and methodology, industry specific certifications (APQC business areas etc.), technical background across the whole spectrum of technolog
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled