Domestic Tax Intern
Johnson Controls, Inc. is currently seeking a Domestic Tax intern for its Glendale, WI location. This internship provides the ideal candidate and opportunity to learn in an environment with many successful and dedicated tax managers. The role will help develop technical and business partnering skills and will enhance your time management, organization, and teamwork skills.
This internship will start Fall 2016 and will require at least 15-20 hours a week during the semester. There is an opportunity to see top performing tax interns develop into full time Tax Analysts with Johnson Controls!
Job Functions (performed under the supervision of a senior team member):
• Preparation of tax work papers and schedules which are organized and easy to review.
• Preparation of corporate federal and state income tax returns.
• Become familiar with the application and make efficient use of the many different tax software programs used in the corporate tax department.
• Pull and analyze data.
• Identify issues which need to be addressed by the reviewer.
• Makes necessary changes to a project after review, and learn from re-work.
• Scan tax return information into document storage system.
• Perform basic tax research.
• Minimum of 20 hours per week
• Currently enrolled in an accredited institution pursuing a Bachelor's degree or pursuing a Masters degree with an accounting major and a strong interest in tax
• Enrollment in the masters in tax program is a plus
• Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge.
• Desire to learn diverse accounting and tax skills in a corporate environment.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Maintain a positive attitude, is enthusiastic and a team player.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Understanding of basic accounting concepts necessary.
• Minimum GPA of 3.2, please provide GPA on resume
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.