Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career; a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax Department reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 170 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm. The Tax Department currently has a career opportunity for a Tax Professional in the Domestic Tax Group.
- Preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns, preparation and review of income tax provision and analytics for multiple legal entities across different businesses
- Tax compliance management, oversight and preparation for a high volume of tax adjustments and returns in a time sensitive environment
- Active participation in preparation of Federal consolidated forms and schedules
- Assist with preparation of unitary and combined state and local tax returns
- Tax analysis, planning and analytics
- Tax audit support, including responding to IDRs
- Compilation of quarterly and annual federal and state income tax provision data for financial statement reporting
- Preparation and review of quarterly federal and state deferred tax balances for regulatory reporting purposes
- Preparation and review of separate company tax income tax provision and footnote
- Calculate monthly and quarterly effective tax rates
- Liaise with external auditors with respect to tax provision analyses and disclosures for separate company filings
- Reconciliation and validation of income tax accounts and balance sheet tax accounts
- Analysis of income tax accounting impact of transactions
- Special projects
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting, finance or other business discipline; taxation experience a plus
- A minimum of 6 - 8 years of experience in Federal income tax compliance/accounting or corporate tax in a CPA firm or corporate environment
- Experience in ASC 740, Income Taxes
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills, including the ability to simplify and communicate complex business information
- Proficient computer/technology skills, especially Excel
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Financial services background
- Experience with Corptax Provision
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.