Position: .NET Developer
Location: Painted Post, NY
Shift: Hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Description: We are currently seeking a Developer to develop custom plant floor and office use applications for use in manufacturing and office environments. The candidate will routinely work with a Technical Lead to create system designs, develop Windows/Web based applications, and create system documentation to help meet Corning's manufacturing goals.
* Utilize VB.Net and SQL to develop custom plant and office applications for use at the manufacturing site.
* Work with Senior Developers to design robust solutions that meet customer requirements.
* Develop new systems and implement changes to existing systems based on changes in the manufacturing environment, internal department requirements, or changing customer requirements while following company and department development and documentation standards.
* Develop system documentation and training materials on applications prior to deployment.
* Test and refine application fixes based on feedback.
* Post deployment system support while working with site IT for system handoff.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science highly desired.
Experience programming in VB.Net and/or other programming languages. In depth understanding of SQL Server 2005/2008 including complex queries, views, triggers, and stored procedures. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Ability to be flexible and change priorities as needed. Excellent problem solving skills Preferred Experience: Prior experience with OPC/PLC Communication, OSI PI, PI tag creation and Processbook . Microsoft SSRS reporting experience. XML, ASP.Net, VB.Net, Web services,Windows Services. Previous experience working in a manufacturing or warehousing environment Soft Skills: Experience in working alone and in teams on development projects Demonstrate organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
5+ years experience in developing required.
PPE Requirements (this position is located in a manufacturing setting)
* Safety shoes - can be expensed
* Standard safety glasses and hearing protection will be provided
Manager Must Haves:
* 5+ years developing experience
* Well rounded technical skills/background
* Ability to work/communicate with manufacturing floor
* Troubleshooting, particularly with review and amending of existing code
This contract opportunity has the possibility to be longer in length than listed in the job posting.
Manager Must Haves: * 5+ years developing experience * Well rounded technical skills/background * Ability to work/communicate with manufacturing floor * Troubleshooting, particularly with review and amending of existing code Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis. The manager would like to get interviews scheduled as soon as possible
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.