PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.Job Description
The Innovation practice is a national group comprised of a variety of teams that focus on implementing solutions internally and externally that will impact the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our clients' tax functions. Process improvement, transformation, system implementation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value to our clients. This is a significant part of PwC's strategy to continue to be recognized as the leading professional services firm.
The Tax Technology Development team members act as the direct liaison with senior IT professionals within PwC and our clients by providing specialized skills in developing client specific technology solutions. The team is tasked with building propriety web applications and is responsible for the creation and enhancement of these tools.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 with 4+ years of .NET development experience and 3+ years of SQL experience
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Admission to the Bar OR one of the following:
Enrolled Agent, PhD
- Computer Science/Information Science or STEM Equivalent, Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Black Belt/Lean Black Belt/Master Black Belt, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software Tester (CSTE), UX Certificate
- Nielson Norman Group, Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or equivalent institutional Data Science Program, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing established development tools, guidelines, and conventions to create software solutions using technologies such as; ASP, .NET, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, Java, C#, JQuery, and Entity Framework;
- Understanding of Object Orientated Programming and principles and the agile programming methodology;
- Utilizing Microsoft Application Life Cycle Management using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015-2017; and,
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success assisting on client engagements or enterprise-wide projects and working in a fast paced, agile environment, including the following areas:
- .Utilizing NET MVC and Entity Framework Development and Design, Microsoft SQL Development Design and reviewing of the enterprise scale applications;
- Utilizing Microsoft TFS experience working in highly structured branched environment merging code from one branch to another;
- Working in an Agile process, planning work daily, resolving development blockers, and escalating issues appropriately;
- Helping teams scope development work items and managing time and quality targets within a sprint;
- Running scrum meetings, retrospective meetings, prioritizing and assigning work items and monitoring the progress;
- Reviewing designs and code deliverables to establish adherence to development standards and providing feedback/coaching to developers on areas for improvement;
- Working with vendor frameworks such as DevExpress or Kendo; and,
- Providing leadership across a team comprised of staff and vendor resources.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.