: Hiring Manager:
Stephen Phillips HR Rep: Location:
Nephi Utah FiberTEK Downline Production EmployeeJob DescriptionJob Title:
Downline Production EmployeeDepartment:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all Owens Corning employees are expected to conform to the following:
Perform quality work with or without direct supervision.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Interact professionally with other employees, suppliers, and customers.
Perform tasks and duties with a mind toward safety for not only yourself but also those around you.
The job of Downline Production Employees is the entry level position at the plant. It is an essential part of the production process and requires the employee to be alert, watchful, and engaged in the operations that are taking place around them.
The Downline Production Employee is responsible for the operation of the bagging machine, product testing, operation of the robot stacker, and shrink wrapping machine, chemical testing, and hot end clean up. The employee is also required to transport by forklift, finished material from the production line and stack it in the warehouse.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, packages and labels product according to specifications.
- Operates semi-automatic and automatic packaging equipment (including but not limited to, baggers, robot stacking machine, stretch wrap, etc.).
- Performs packaging operations (including but not limited to, placing bags on bagger snout, reloading stretch wrappers, etc.).
- Recycles materials as needed.
- Re-piles, re-labels and/or restacks finished goods.
- Assists in start-up and/or set-up of packing equipment.
- Clears jams and removes any materials that may cause safety hazards.
- Checks packaging quality. Notifies the appropriate personnel of out of specification packaging and rejects same.
- Operates material handling equipment (including, but not limited to, clamp fork lift, etc.) as required. Performs operator inspection of fork lift on each shift; checks fluid levels and various fork lift component systems for malfunctions. Completes daily vehicle inspection forms.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Procures and maintains supply of direct/packaging materials at work stations.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any equipment or quality problems and takes corrective action within the scope of the job.
- Operates and makes simple adjustments to packaging equipment.
- Participates in the safety, continuous improvement, communication process, and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervision.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Understand the plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations such as to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to conduct simple mechanical tests.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license, which requires a valid motor vehicle driver's license.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must work well in team environment.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument, to include touch screens.
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Preferred two years manufacturing or related industrial experience and/or a technical certificate.
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be drug and alcohol free.
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Outstanding attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts.
- Wearing respirator protection - frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Sitting- frequently
- Standing- continuously
- Twisting and Bending - continuously
- Walking - frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination- continuously
- Depth perception - continuously
- Peripheral vision and the ability to see colors - continuously
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology