• Bachelor's Degree in related scientific field with 8+ years related experience or Master's Degree in related scientific field with 5+ years related experience
• Experience with purification techniques.
• Experience with product development in an industrial setting
• Experience with purification equipment operation (e.g. GE Akta).
• Demonstrated expertise with analytical methods (eg. SDS PAGE, Western Blot, HPLC, ELISA) is preferred.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
• PhD with 3+ years related experience
• Have experience in application of Design of Experiments and other statistical techniques (JMP, Design Expert).
• Experience with process characterization.
• Experience with process tech transfer between sites and into GMP facilities
• Will be responsible for working independently and delivering results.
• Requires conceptual and practical experience with the project management function.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively
• Will be responsible for leading a small group of associate scientists. Supervisory experience or aptitude is desirable
• Responsible for developing, defining and implementing downstream production processes for novel vaccine candidate molecules.
• Independent design and execution of small scale experiments to define bioprocess steps for producing recombinant protein viral antigens.
• Independent operation of small scale bioprocess equipment.
• Perform biochemical assays to characterize/quantify vaccine antigens and contaminants.
• Understand and interpret experimental data and results to support decisions and definition of downstream production processes.
• Understand and apply bioprocess scale-up strategies.
• Prepare technology development study protocols and reports in support of process transfer and regulatory documents.
• Present results to colleagues, project teams, management and external partners.
• Functions effectively as a core team member on multiple concurrent projects and leads small projects and established work processes.
• Solves complex problems through collaborations with others, taking a new perspective on existing solutions.
• Provides guidance to new team members and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.