The co-op will support the BDS group,
a part of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development,
specifically within the Drug Metabolism Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) group. The DMPK
group is responsible for the development of plate based assays in which
ultimately determine pharmacokinetic profile of the drug in vivo. Prior to in
vivo determination, plate based assays are developed and the student will aid
in the reagent pairing process utilizing new technologies and various
platforms. The project will aim to cover
both current and promising new practices within DMPK in order to explore
potential process improvements thus making development time more
The primary responsibility for
this position will be:
- To develop and validate immunological methods
for supporting nonclinical and clinical PK studies under GLP guidelines.
- Assay trouble shooting, development of new
technology platforms (SPARCL, Singulex, etc.) and assay automation.
- A couple of projects available to work on are:
- Multiplexing hybrid LCMS/MS PK Assays for
simultaneous drug monitoring in noncling/clinical to support pre-/post-NME
- PK assay workflow modifications for improved
efficiency and sensitivity using assay plates with covalent binding surfaces
- The ideal candidate should be enrolled in BS/MS
program in life sciences or a related scientific discipline with some relevant
- The individual must be motivated with a strong
desire and interest in learning laboratory and scientific techniques in the
Pharmaceutical R&D environment.
- The candidate must be able to work with human
and animal blood, body fluids and tissues.
- The successful candidate must have excellent:
computer, record keeping, writing and communication skills.
- Students must be
able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
- Students must be
legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future
sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function