Animas Corporation, a fully-integrated global company within the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is an innovator in insulin pump technology, with products such as the ground-breaking OneTouch Ping and Animas Vibe. The company is experiencing an unprecedented period of strong growth, outpacing the rapid market growth in the insulin delivery category. As part of the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Franchise, the company's mission is to create a world without limits for people with diabetes. Animas is dedicated to making diabetes management easier through product innovation, exceptional customer support and customized education programs. Our mission is to improve the lifestyle of our patients, reduce the long-term morbidity of the disease and lower healthcare costs.
- Co-ops regularly interface with members of R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, QA and Marketing.
- Maintains active, regular communication and involvement with internal and external project team members and contract suppliers.
- The Product Development Engineer Co-op will be part of a team responsible for the design and development of complex, mechanical medical devices, associated disposables and accessories.
- The incumbent will develop and execute verification and validation plans and must be able to work in a fast paced FDA regulated environment.
- Candidates should be prepared to complete a drug and background screen if offered and accept a position.
- Interviews will be conducted off campus at the Animas work site.
- Qualified candidates must be a current Drexel University Engineering student in good standing and enrolled in the Co-op program.
- Majors considered would be: Electrical, Mechanical, or Bio-Medical Engineering.
- Candidates have the ability to work closely with technical and non- technical personnel.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have careful attention to detail and accuracy, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work individually as well as on a team.
- Someone that is a self- motivated individual.
- Must have the ability to work an extended period of time on a computer.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation to get to and from the work site since public transportation is limited.
Animas Corporation (6150)Job Function