The Ethicon Global Surgery Group, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Drexel University student for an R&D Co-op position located in Somerville, New Jersey.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
A position is available within Biosurgery R&D which includes some or all of the following responsibilities:
The Drexel Co-op will:
- Perform biochemical and analytical laboratory procedures including weight measurements, protein chemistry, spectroscopy, electrophoresis, Western blots, and moisture analysis.
- Record data and observations in laboratory notebooks.
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results and prepare technical reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies.
- Prepare stock solutions and reagents.
- Comply with safety and GLP guidelines including maintaining up to date training, following SOPs, maintaining equipment, and proper documentation of lab notebooks and logbooks.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers, and support project related activities.
- The successful candidate will be familiar with basic laboratory techniques and concepts such as accurate pipetting, weighing, data recording/reporting, and laboratory safety and cleanliness.
- Candidates must be enrolled at Drexel University.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Bio/Biomedical Engineering, Materials/Biomaterial Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Medical Technology or a related technical field.
- Only students who have completed their freshman year or above will be considered.
- Candidate must be considered a student during the Co-op session (i.e. will not have already graduated college).
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus programs and/or community service activities is preferred.
- This position is located in Somerville, New Jersey.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this work location.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.