SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. The company operates 186 distribution facilities serving approximately 400,000 customers.For more information about Sygma visit the company's Internet home page at www. sygmanetwork
.com . JOB SUMMARY
Safely and efficiently transports product from the warehouse to various customers and properly unloads the product according to customer invoices. PRIMARY DUTIES
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Safely transports product from the warehouse to the customer(s) and ensures product is delivered on a timely basis. Maintain an adequate level of fuel in the vehicle. Report any equipment discrepancies to the manager for immediate action.
- Unload product according to customer specifications.
- Ensures all logs and trip reports are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis according to DOT and company standards.
- Ensures proper temperatures are maintained in the delivery vehicle during the transport of goods from the facility to the customer.
- Inspects product thoroughly for visible damages prior to delivery to the customer and staged in the customers designated storage area in a way to prevent cross contamination.
- Ensures all invoices are turned in daily and any adjustments are completed correctly. Report all damages and shortages promptly.
- Develop and establish good relationships with the customers by providing excellent and courteous service.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ensure complete and accurate reporting, this may require the utilization of the onboard Xata computer system.
- Ensure all vehicle equipment maintenance reports are properly verified and completed for all pre-trip / post-trip inspections.
- Safely transports product picked up via backhauls and line hauls and ensures picked up is correct and is delivered on a timely basis.
High school diploma/GED plus 1 year of tractor trailer driving experience preferred.Completion of a tractor trailer driving school will be accepted instead of, or in addition to a high school diploma. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is medium to heavy in nature. Half the day is spent driving a tractor/trailer unit.You must be able to climb in and out of trailer and tractor for an average of 15-28 hours per run, the average run is 21 hours, 3 times per week.Safely lift up to 50 lb. boxes continuously, lift up to 75 lb. boxes occasionally, average 700cases/4100Lbs per run and move product with a 2-wheel handcart down a ramp and into the stores freezers, coolers and store.The job requires continuous walking, stepping up and down, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, climbing, rasping, and lifting overhead. Sitting required in truck in-between stops and to and from the first and last stop. You must be able to communicate clearly to customers. MENTAL/VISUAL DEMANDS
You must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes and at arms length with or without correction. Driving requires distance vision. You must be constantly alert while driving. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, walk, stand, sit, reach, lift, bend, speak and interact with others. WORKING CONDITIONS
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Position is subject to various road, mechanical and electrical hazards. Employee is subjected to extreme outside cold/damp conditions. EQUIPMENT OPERATED
3 axle tractor, 45' - 48' trailer, straight truck, CADEC/XATA or on board computer, key pad and a 2 wheel hand cart. LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
CDL License (appropriate class for equipment being driven)
Sygma is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! To apply for this position please visit: www.sygmanetwork.com