, the Nation’s largest co-op refiner, wholesaler and reseller of Energy products with more than three decades of experience linking producers with consumers has a great opportunity for you! CHS Transportation is looking for a Driver
in Yakima, WA
and surrounding areas with professional communication skills and a good work ethic.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling bulk liquid products to include, but not limited to Petroleum, Propane, and Anhydrous Ammonia.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain electronic logs and on-board computer with each shipment.
- Perform all pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Work additional hours and be available for overnight stays to meet business needs.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements on a manual and automatic transmission.
- 2 years or 200,000 miles of verifiable experience operating a tractor trailer combination.
- 1 year of experience hauling hazardous materials
- Must pass a background check and DOT physical and drug screen
- Must pass post offer pre-employment physical job requirements
- Must successfully complete post-employment driver training to include:
- Pre-trip Inspection
- Coupling and uncoupling of combination units
- Placing equipment in operation and use of controls
- Use of vehicle in traffic
- General driving ability on an automatic and manual transmission.
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist, and climb
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours and be available for overnight stays
- TWIC card– transportation worker identification card
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.