Position delivers large quantities of previously ordered products to high volume stores using a tractor/trailer truck. Position interacts with personnel at the store location responsible for accepting loads. Unloads pallets of products from the trailer with an electronic pallet jack and places products in a designated area in the store's backroom. Generates invoice for customer and is responsible for daily settlement of cash and charges.
This position requires grasping, pushing, and pulling a pallet jack when unloading product. May be required to reload and restack cases of products ranging from 20-45 pounds per case if product load tips in trailer or customer requests approved order modification. This position often has an early start time and requires delivery of products across a wide variety of weather conditions.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Deliver products and execute all promotions * Service all scheduled customers by the end of shift * Merchandise all accounts to local standards (if applicable)* Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account * Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, safe operation of lift gate, etc.)* Return empty product shells to manufacturing and/or production facility* Follow DOT Regulations* Use hand held devices to write orders* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 21 years or older
* Pass the required drug test and physical capability test (if applicable)
* Pass the required background checks
* Valid CDL license
* Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test
* Follow DOT Regulations
* Operating trucks requiring a CDL license (e.g., performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, backing into dock spaces, etc.)
* Using equipment to aid in hauling loads (e.g., operating pallet jacks, using dock plates, or using load bars and straps)
* Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, etc.)
* Documenting DOT regulations (e.g., reading and comprehending documentation, maintaining current documentation such as medical cards, etc.)
* Hauling consumer products and perishable consumer goods (e.g., transporting unstable loads, different weights on different trip segments, etc.)
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.