Looking for a great career?
You'll find it with us!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
JOB SUMMARY: DRIVER - CLASS A ROUTE DELIVERY DRIVER
We have an excellent opportunity for a CDL Class A Driver with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements at our Columbus, OH facility. This position will provide customer route delivery of high-pressure and liquid cylinders and assist loading/unloading of trucks and pallets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Delivery of compressed gas cylinders and liquid cylinders to customers; return empty cylinder to plant for refilling
• Provide excellent customer service (communication, provide information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.)
• Maintain documentation (load manifests, vehicle documents, truck counts, shipping documents)
• Stock truck for daily deliveries
• Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Minimum 1 year verifiable Class A driving experience or 6 months experience and proof of graduating from accredited driving school
• Clean driving record
• Customer Service experience.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull carts up to 800 pounds using appropriate equipment
• Demonstrates through previous work experience the ability to interact well with customers
• Must be detail oriented with good writing skills to complete handwritten compliance documentation accurately and neatly
• Must be able to work overtime as required
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) a plus
• Exposure to heat, cold, snow and rain when performing outside work
• Must have reliable, appropriate transportation to get to and from work facility.
• Drive local routes throughout the day in company truck.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• MUST have Class A CDL.
• Must have or is able to obtain Hazmat and Tanker certs, and excellent driving record.
Airgas Benefits Include:
• Competitive Pay
• 401(k) plan
• Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Coverage
• Life & Disability Insurance
• ...and more
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.