DRIVER: AIRGAS SPECIALTY PRODUCTS
Airgas Specialty Products is a leading distributor of anhydrous ammonia and ammonium hydroxide. ASP is seeking one experienced local Driver - CDL Class A with HAZMAT/Tanker Endorsement
to join our Operations team. JOB SUMMARY:
The Class-A Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Engage in loading/unloading truck procedures. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Safely perform SOPs specifically related to the handling of Anhydrous Ammonia/Ammonium Hydroxide.
• Communicate in person with customers regarding any and all SOPs.
Other Duties as Required:
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license/endorsements.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Class A CDL driver's license with Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- 2-years experience driving commercial vehicle.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Knowledge of the area and ability to lift 60 lbs required.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Some overnight stay required and/or up to and exceeding 5% travel on a monthly basis.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company . MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and be able to draw and interpret bar graphs. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Looking for a great company to work for? You'll find it With Us!
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, and 401(k).Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.