Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Class A Driver in San Leandro, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Class A Driver!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. For more information, please visit www.airgas.com .Key Responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will:
- The Class A Driver will be responsible for meeting customer needs for products and services in our retail stores.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and equipment.
- Load and unload service truck daily with gas cylinders and supplies for scheduled route stops as directed by dispatcher.
- Return empty cylinders to plant for refilling process.
- Make deliveries in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Nurture and maintain good customer service to promote company image. Must be able to work well with internal and external customers.
- Be committed to safety and team excellence
- Be personable, professional, responsive, knowledgeable and bring value to the Customer's business
- High School Diploma preferred and a minimum of 1 year of related driving experience
- Hold a valid CDL Class A license with a Hazmat and Airbrake endorsements
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company's discretion.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit, bend, stoop, and crouch while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms while operating a commercial vehicle and moving cylinders; walk, talk to, and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
The associate will routinely lift 25- 50 lbs and occasionally lift 51- 80 lbs. Associate will move frequently more than 200 lbs with the aid of material handling equipment. The associate will occasionally be required to climb, balance, push, pull, and kneel.
Will frequently work outdoors in inclement weather conditions with temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees. Specific visions abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.