Airgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring
Class A Driver (Commercial Driver II - Union) in Hilo, HI
As of 3/13/2012 Job Title:
Commercial Driver II Department:
State of Hawaii BASIC FUNCTION:
Safely deliver atmospheric, flammable, industrial gases, and hard-good products to customers in the State of Hawaii in a prompt and courteous manner. ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safely deliver compressed and liquid industrial gas cylinders and supplies to customers on scheduled route stops as directed by dispatcher.
- Perform any non-route delivery necessary to provide customers with products.
- Make delivery in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Operate forklift, hand-truck, chain hoist, and/or manually load/unload cylinders to and from delivery vehicles to filling/storage areas.
- Prepare and maintain daily updated manifest in order to meet Department of Transportation requirements.
- Complete paperwork promptly and accurately and returns to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare daily pre and post trip inspection reports and log books.
- Adhere to all Airgas safety rules and regulations by proactively participating in identifying any safety and/or health hazards while in the workplace. Report to management any hazards.
- Identify potential problems with cylinders and notify supervisor in a timely manner.
- Will maintain a safe driving record and appropriate driver's license classification while operating company vehicles/equipment.
- Assure that the assigned truck/trailer is always properly placarded and loaded to meet DOT regulations.
- Comply with all company policies and federal, state and local rules and regulations regarding the safe transport of hazardous materials.
- Collect money or checks from customer and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Promptly turn in shipping tickets, checks and/or cash to supervisor.
- Attend company safety meetings.
- Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
- Ensure proper and full time use of safety PPE.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in the loading/unloading of trucks, as needed.
- Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels.
- Other duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid Class A CDL with a Hazmat, Airbrake, and Tanker endorsements.
- Must annually recertify as Class "A" Driver by successfully completing the classroom and road test as administered by a qualified designee.
- Minimum 1 year prior Class A driving experience.
- Must have a clean driving record, and no at-fault accidents or serious moving violations within the past three (3) years.
- Possess the ability to drive a commercial vehicle.
- Have strong working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations for commercial drivers.
- Previous compressed gas cylinder handling experience is desired.
- Must be able to read a map and follow directions.
- Have knowledge of the greater metro area and highway/roadways system.
- Prior forklift experience a plus.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Requires strong customer service orientation and able to interact with the public in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written, oral or diagram instructions.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Possess basic math skills - addition and subtraction.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be flexible to adjust work schedules to meet operational requirements.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to work outdoors in climate weather conditions with temperatures ranging from 10 to over 100 degrees.
- DOT pre-employment and random drug testing applies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands, arms while moving cylinders; walk, talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders. The associate will constantly lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull more than 200 lbs with the aid of material handling equipment. The associate will occasionally be required to climb or balance. Specific visions abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.