Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Executive Protection Specialist located in Trenton NJ, Horsham PA, or North Philadelphia area
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Executive Protection Specialist will provide safe and efficient transport and protection services for senior leadership/management as requested. Transportation is provided to designated/requested locations avoiding any possible harm to the executive in the transfer process.
In performance of these duties, EPS will be required to:
- Transport executives assigned to the Executive Garage and visitors to and from corporate facilities, special events, and specified locations within local and outlying areas.
- Maintain good levels of interpersonal skills to exchange information, answer questions, interact with senior executives and greet visitors.
- Identify and avoid potential hazardous situations and/or life-threatening situations, and provide cover and remove passengers from harm to a safe location: i.e. Plan route of travel, implementing a diversion plan when necessary, to ensure a safe and uneventful conveyance.
- Establish and maintain an identification code system for use in an event of an emergency: i.e. a code that would alert the executive of danger in a crowd or business event situation.
- Will maintain a high level of confidentiality with regards to Corporate Executives to include family contact information, residence locations, and residence security systems. He/She will communicate schedule information/updates to administrative assistants as requested.
- Will conduct pre-trip advanced security checks of venues that will be visited by Corporate Executives and senior leadership/management. These advance security checks will include:
- Conducting a walkthrough of all venues to include all meeting rooms, rear corridors, and evacuation routes.
- During walk-through EPS will be able to identify security, safety, fire, asset protection, and medical risks.
- Review and provide security for the attendee registration process.
- Review and implement plans for Executive Protection.
- Must be able to handle speaking disruptions such as a protestor who gains access to the meeting / event.
- Assign an event staff member or security team representative to be in charge of post meeting room sweeps for property and confidential information.
- Johnson & Johnson Information Asset Protection Policy (IAPP) guidelines on destruction of information should be followed.
- EPS will follow company safety procedures and practices: i.e. Use of company cars for company business only, record mileage from garage starting point to garage return.
- Will perform miscellaneous transport service requests.
- Will oversee the overall appearance and operation of company vehicles used for executive protection.
- EPS will be responsible for maintaining the schedule and arrange for proper maintenance and service as required for vehicles used for executive protection.
- EPS will attend defensive driver training class once a year, will maintain a valid fire arms permit (concealed carry / LEOSA) to include semi-annual certification in firing the weapon.
- Must pass skill and ability reviews conducted by outside consultants/driving instructors retained to ensure that drivers possess requisite abilities to appropriately recognize and avert danger and threats.
- EPS will respond and handle emergencies that affect executives under their protection.
- In an emergency, must have physical ability to expedite movement of executive into vehicle, to enter chauffeur vehicle expediently to depart area.
- Be certified in administering CPR and Heart Defibrillator and knowledge of basic first aid.
- Have ability to drag a person from the vehicle to a prone position in order to administer CPR/Heart Defibrillator.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- EPS must be in excellent physical condition and be fit to perform duties
- Maintain physical fitness in accordance with any applicable physician’s guidance.
- This includes utilization of fitness centers on Johnson & Johnson property as schedule allows.
- Gym trips should be limited to 90 minutes total from start to finish which includes travel time, work out, shower, etc.
- If two or more EPS are on site, one must stay in the office.
- If only one EPS is on site, the gym trip should be limited to 60 minutes and scheduled between noon at 1:00 pm.
- Bachelors preferred, not required.
- EPS must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed and reside in the Trenton NJ, Horsham PA, or North Philadelphia area.
- EPS must be knowledge of New York City, Philadelphia, Newark, Trenton and Tri-State area airports.
- EPS must possess a valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record; have highly technical driving skills, expertise in driving regulations, prior law enforcement experience, and knowledge of basic automobile mechanics.
- Must have a valid fire arms permit (concealed carry / LEOSA).
- EPS must have the ability to function and use sound judgment in high profile situations to include oral and written communication skills, and have problem solving skills to handle and prioritize executive’s requests vs. other duties.
- EPS must be in excellent physical condition and be fit to perform duties including having vision correctable to 20/40, good peripheral vision, depth perception and color vision, have adequate hearing, and ease in shoulder and head mobility for defensive driving practices.
- EPS must be able to pass a stress test, drug screening, and standard Johnson & Johnson criminal background check.
- Basic Microsoft office computer skills are required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-PennsylvaniaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function