To safely and efficiently conduct pickups and deliveries to/from World Courier clients, World Courier facilities, and area airports.
We are World Courier, an AmerisourceBergen Company; World Courier is a provider of premium logistics services and the leading global specialty supplier of transportation, storage and distribution services for multinational biopharmaceutical clinical trials. With more than 2,500 employees in more than 50 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SHIFT: Monday- Friday 1:00PM- 10:00PMQualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Meeting deadlines for local pick ups and deliveries.
- Drivers are expected to be uniformed and look neat, clean and professional
- Vehicles must be kept clean and supplies organized
- Following special pick up and delivery instructions.
- Tendering and recovering from the airports.
- Complying with cold chain management instructions.
- Maintaining the amount of petty cash given.
- Managing assigned customs folders.
- Maintaining a daily vehicle log and work manifest.
- Obtaining shipment damage reports, when necessary.
- Remaining in constant communication with Dispatch department.
- Demonstrate the ability to load/unload cargo, secure load, and obey traffic rules.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all sites.
- Must be available for some overtime as some of the driving distances cannot be handled in a typical 8 hour work day
- Ability to lift, lower, and slide packages weighing 25 to 70 lbs. Drivers are required to be physically fit
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- General driving knowledge of the airports and tri-state area
- Dangerous Goods training
- TSA training
- Cold chain training
- Live animal handling
- Professional demeanor
- Temperature monitor training
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- No more than 3 moving violations and or accidents in the past 3 years
- No more than 2 moving violations and or accidents in the past year
- Drivers should have no "major convictions" within last 5 years:
a. "Major convictions" include:
SHIFT: Monday- Friday 1:00PM- 10:00PM
- i. Driving while intoxicated or "under the influence" (DWI or DUI)
- ii. Leaving the scene of an accident
- iii. Careless or reckless driving violations
- iv. Homicide or assault through the use of motor vehicle
- v. Attempting to elude a police officer
- vi. Drivers who have a suspended or revoked license or those who have had 3 or more license suspensions in the past
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.