Non-Experienced Residential Kansas City Waste Management
needs more professional drivers to steer its 18,000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. This position requires you to get in and out of the truck 700-1,000 times a day!
It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring. Find a career
here at Waste Management! We offer :
- Weekly pay !
- Local Day Shift Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
- An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company (over half of all managers worked as Drivers )!
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- An Education Savings Plan
- Employee Discount Programs and more!
I. Job Summary
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform this job. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required when excessive yardage must be removed.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not Required
- Experience: Not Required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply." Text "WASTE" to 51893 to join our Team (or learn more).
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Related terms: Driver job, CDL, Truck Driver, Over the Road CDL driver, Class A License, Class B License CDL, Tractor Trailer, Front Load Driver, Rear Load Driver, DOT, Department of Transportation, Trucking, Transporting, Transportation, Semi, Delivery, Special haul, Transfer, Waste Disposal, waste management, hauling, dump truck, concrete truck, heavy haul, grain, drop off, cement truck, mix truck, dozer, backhoe, tractor, combine, boom truck, vac truck
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.