We are looking for individuals who are passionate in discussing driving careers on the phone or face to face, someone who is able to work independently, deliver results, has high energy and able to proficiently use technology.
This position will primarily support our operations in the North Midwest Region (IL, IN, MO, KS, WI) with some support to other areas where needed. Preferred candidates will reside near Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN or Kansas City, MO. This position can be based in any of those locations.
-Develops and maintains a full understanding of the local driver labor market.
-Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs and requirements
-Develops and maintains relationships with drivers through a variety of sources, electronically and face to face locally.
-Coordinates and participates in onsite hiring events (open house, career fairs, interview days)
-Develops networks with external sources to continually improve sourcing opportunities
-Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
-Sources, prescreens, interviews applicants and may conduct driver road tests
-Tracks and manages applicants using Taleo technology
-Coordinates communications with applicants, hiring managers, and Human Resources team
-Performs/coordinates reference and background checks on applicants
-Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including AAP, ADA, and OFCCP; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
-Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
-Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting features of requisition and applicant tracking systems
-Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Current CDL and ability to conduct DOT road tests preferred
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel regionally up to 80% required
- Strong understanding of DOT and FMCSA preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred, however prior similar experience accepted
- Willingness to travel, by car, plane or train, overnight, as required
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Knowledge of employment law and hiring practices required
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Strong understanding of computer, tablet and smartphone technologies required
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation/record keeping skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.