Residential Driver $4,500 Sign On Bonus
Are you an experienced driver looking for a more steady and rewarding career while still using your CDL Class A
or B License
Waste Management needs more professional drivers to steer its 18,000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring.
We offer :
- $4,500 Sign-On Bonus with Weekly pay !
- Local Day Shift Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
- An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company (over half of all managers worked as Drivers )!
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- An Education Savings Plan
- Referral bonus program
- Employee Discount Programs and more!
Generous Relocation Packages
may be available for well-qualified Drivers! I. Job Summary
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None Required.
- Experience: 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Waste Management
(WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Related terms: Driver job, CDL, Truck Driver, Over the Road CDL driver, Class A License, Class B License CDL, Tractor Trailer, Front Load Driver, Rear Load Driver, DOT, Department of Transportation, Trucking, Transporting, Transportation, Semi, Delivery, Special haul, Transfer, Waste Disposal, waste management, hauling, dump truck, concrete truck, heavy haul, grain, drop off, cement truck, mix truck, dozer, backhoe, tractor, combine, boom truck, vac truck