Driver Residential, Recycling - $4,500 Sign on Bonus!
needs more professional drivers to steer its 18,000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring.
We offer :
- $4,500 Sign-On Bonus with Weekly pay !
- Local Day Shift Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
- An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company (over half of all managers worked as Drivers )!
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- An Education Savings Plan
- Referral bonus program
- Employee Discount Programs and more!
Generous Relocation Packages
may be available for well-qualified Drivers! I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on residential recycling routes. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: At least 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL) or military equivalent.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Eligible to legally work in the United States.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Acceptable driving record required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally; Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle. Waste Management
(WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.