Driver Rolloff - $4,500 Sign on Bonus!
Waste Management needs more professional drivers to steer its 18,000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring.
Come interview with us during our Hiring Event Saturday January 28 th from 9am to 2pm at 2601 Midwest Drive Kansas City KS 66111
and you could be hired on the spot! Space is limited, apply today
to start down the road to your next career!
We offer :
- A $4,500 Sign-On Bonus with weekly pay !
- Local Day and Night Shift Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
- An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company (over half of all managers worked as Drivers )!
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- An Education Savings Plan
- Employee Discount Programs and more!
Generous Relocation Packages
may be available for well-qualified Drivers!
We're looking for :
- A Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement and be at least 21 years of age.
- 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent driving within the last 7 years.
- Heavy Haul experience ( Dump Truck, Concrete/Mix Truck, Grain Hauler ) or Heavy Equipment experience ( Dozer, Backhoe, Track Hoe, Tractor, Combine , etc.,) strongly preferred.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Experience with hydraulic systems and manual transmissions (10 speed) also needed.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
it's time to get into a stable and rewarding career that has you home daily and also helps protect the environment! Come Join Us for the Ride
About Waste Management
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Related terms: CDL, Truck Driver, Over the Road driver, Class A License, Class B License, Tractor Trailer, Front Load Driver, Rear Load Driver, DOT, Department of Transportation, Trucking, Transporting, Transportation, Semi, Delivery, Special haul, Transfer, Waste Disposal, waste management, hauling, dump truck, concrete truck, heavy haul, grain, drop off, cement truck, mix truck, dozer, backhoe, tractor, combine, boom truck, vac truck.
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.