CHS/Dakota Plains Ag
has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Seasonal Driver
to deliver seed, fertilizer, Petroleum, Propane, Anhydrous Ammonia, other bulk liquid products. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling fertilizer, Petroleum, Propane, Anhydrous Ammonia, other bulk liquid products.
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports.
- Perform visual inspection of truck before leaving premises and complete maintenance report on all deficiencies.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Manage all aspects of the load on your truck and be responsible for all shortages and damages unless visual observation of loading is not possible. In this case, note “shippers load and count on loading.”
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out. Sweep trailers out after each use.
- Ensure on time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur.
- Provide excellent customer service, treating all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Be available to load and/or unload your loads as needed.
- Make out daily trip sheet and other paper work as required.
- Keep reefer units filled with fuel.
- Use sound judgment and abilities to support the best interests of the company in all situations.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist in the warehouse when not delivering product.
- Work additional hours and occasional Saturdays to meet business needs.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Class A CDL with Hazmat, Tanker, and Air Brake endorsements
- Experience operating a tractor trailer combination
- Must pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours and occasional Saturdays to meet business demands
- Ability to lift/carry up to 80lbs, walk, stand, sit, bend, and kneel
- TWIC card – transportation worker identification card
- Agriculture background
- Bulk liquid experience
- Customer service experience
- Pressure trailer experience
- Fork Lift experience