AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide Company , the country's largest distributor of industrial and specialty gases and related products, has an IMMEDIATE opening for a DRIVER - INTERBRANCH SHUTTLE (CLASS A w/Hazmat) to join our MEMPHIS, TN TEAM!
Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Delivers compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard-goods to other branch locations.
• Communicates in person with internal customers, providing information ordering and delivery times, etc.
• Maintains load manifests and all other vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
• Accurately maintains records such as Department of Transportation Driver's Log and vehicle logs according to state and federal regulations.
• Picks up empty cylinders from branch locations and returns them to plant for refilling following all federal, state, and local regulations.
• Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other warehouse equipment in order to load and unload trucks following all company policies and procedures.
• Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documents deficiencies and all equipment is in safe and good working order.
• Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
• Reads maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions
• May perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, etc.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 2 years driving experience with a Class A CDL.
• Must possess valid Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days. In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program. Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.