Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has IMMEDIATE openings for career-oriented, qualified and experienced Class A CDL Drivers with a strong mechanical aptitude or background to join its Express Services team at the Convent, LA, facility.To apply for this position
, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers
. Click on Search job openings. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21844BR.
Oilfield experience preferred but not requiredThe Driver/Tech will be required to safely deliver liquid nitrogen to Air Products customers and operate/maintain sophisticated portable pumping units for various customer applications.
This position requires travel to customer sites with nitrogen service equipment to perform various duties from purging lines, cool downs, inert entry and other various applications. The Technician will be required to travel both in and out of state with the ability to work variable schedules (including nights and weekends). 40 hour pay is guaranteed, regardless of the work load! CDL Class A with tanker and hazmat is required as this position requires 10-20% driving. The other 80-90% of the work will be as an Operating Technician/Mechanic to operate and maintain equipment. Technicians will often be on the road the duration of their scheduled shift, working 12 hour days, depending on demand.INCOME* Average 1st year earning potential: $85,000-$95,000+BENEFITS
* Frequent travel to various locations in the US
* Independent / Exciting Work Environment / Work directly with customers
* Incentive pay to work during days off when required
* Abundant overtime
* 40 hour pay guaranteed
* Very affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Paid Holidays and Vacation
* 401K Plan with generous company match
* Company-paid Life Insurance
* Paid training and company provided PPE
* Proven history of employment stabilityREQUIREMENTS* Solid Decision Making Skills / Work Independently
* Minimum 25 yrs old with a HS Diploma or GED
* Valid Class A CDL with Tanker and HazMat endorsements
* Minimum 3 years current interstate or OTR tractor-trailer experience
* Proven solid, safety record and stable work history
* Ability to work off-hours and weekends
* Applicants must live within a 1-hour radius of the Deer Park TX, location
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world. ** Local Candidates Only - Paid Relocation is Not Authorized **
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.