Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 100%
Supervises drivers and trains on methods and procedures. Holds drivers accountable for results, motivates and fosters and environment conduce to team work. Utilizing manpower efficiently and equitably to achieve the goals of the department and satisfy the customer.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to motivate, train, discipline and develop delivery drivers
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively
- Basic knowledge of computer programs and functions including Windows, Microsoft Office and AS400 applications
- In charge of the Fleet Department during shift
- Interview applicants and administer a driving road test for pre-employment purposes
- Introduce new drivers to our company, and all associates
- Train drivers on the P.W.M’s of FreshPoint South Texas
- Train new and existing drivers in proper customer service, efficient route driving, product knowledge, paperwork, proper customer interaction, department policies, safety and delivery driving ability
- Ensure cross training of drivers occurs to assure proper coverage for vacations and absences
- Prepare and maintain route manuals to document information on each route
- Prepare weekly report of driver and route evaluations
- Review and act upon customer issues with the Fleet Department
- Responsible for daily 10 min. safety meetings for the entire Fleet Department
- Motivate and assist in maintaining positive morale in the department
- Assist in all phases of the running of the Fleet Department
- Ensure DOT hours of service requirements are met
- Maintain, update and audit DOT hours of service log books
- Maintain annual certifications for Smith System safety training for all drivers
- Conduct vehicle appearance audits
- Conduct driver appearance audits
- Complete on area observations
- Complete DOT card and driver license audits
- Issues coach cards for unsafe and safe behavior
- Work with other departments to ensure customer service is provided in the most efficient method
- Route all customers for specified time deliveries
- Schedule drivers for daily routes and day-off schedule
- Schedule all routes and route new accounts
- Ensure afternoon delivery routes are dispatched appropriately
- May be required to run delivery routes
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Delivery driver for six (6) months, minimum
- Secondary education
- Prior supervisory background
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Able to drive Class B straight truck (including 5 and 6 speeds)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during a work shift and up to 80 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment: computer, printer, copier and fax
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Driving Results
- Communication & Listening
- Change Leadership
- Understanding Customers
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time