Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Controls and monitors customers' inventory in various locations. Will Drive a non-commercial vehicle for delivery and must have clean driving record and will be subject to and annual MVR check. Responsible for placing customer orders and accurately fulfilling them. route. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Receives and resolves service inquiries and complaints. Loads/unloads truck. Performs pre & post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Provides knowledge and assistance to customers regarding Airgas products and services Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard good orders, establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Provides customers, sales staff, and store managers with timely and accurate information regarding Airgas products and delivery schedules.
- Provides counter sales support including product recommendations to customers
- Accurately completes all required paperwork including daily collections and deposits
- Maintain load manifests, barcodes, FDA lot numbers, and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and other duties as required.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS/COUNTER SALES
• Provides customers, sales staff, and store managers with correct information regarding Airgas products and delivery schedules.
• Accurately completes all required paperwork including daily collections and deposits
• Performs shipping and receiving duties.
• Fills propane.
• Observes all administrative, accounting, and safety related procedures
• Provides backup branch coverage for other Airgas branches, as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
¨ Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 30 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
¨ Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
¨ Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
¨ Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours and able to work overtime when necessary.
¨ Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
¨ Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
¨ Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
¨ Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales SpecialistQualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have a valid Massachusetts Drivers' License and clean MVR.
• Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds.
• Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
• Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours and able to work overtime, when necessary.
• Ability to read and comprehend materiel safety data sheets.
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.