Drone Service and Technical Support Engineer Job DescriptionQualifications
Overview of the group:
The Intel Drone team, a part of the New Technology group, has an exciting charter to build Intel's presence and business model for unmanned aerial systems (UAS), better known as drones. The team is chartered with launching new drone systems for commercial and lightshow applications and building ingredients to support the development of drones with Intel Inside.
This position is for a Service & Technical Support Engineer within the Intel Drone Team.
- The job requirements include the ability to maintain and develop the technical relationship with our key service and support partners in North America.
- The successful applicant will be able to work independently with existing and new customers on every aspect of the technical relationship: software, hardware, analytics to service the product post sale.
- The role requires the ability to establish strategic account priorities and work with the different teams involved in customers' issues.
- The focus of this role is in North America, but the successful candidate may be called upon to work accounts across geographies depending on priorities.
- A dynamic and entrepreneurial personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Executing our drone service & repair strategy in North America in collaboration with other Intel teams.
- Actively assist in developing service and support documentation required for 3rd party authorized service providers to ensure consistency and quality post sale.
- Managing the technical relationship with our business partners in North America
Inside this Business Group
- Ideal applicant will have a technical background (BS or equivalent degree in engineering or other drone related field)
- Knowledge and first-hand experience in technical support or any cross-department function that involves service and support of drones. (3 years minimum)
- Strong interest in the commercial drone market
- Being proactive with ability to prioritize goals and objectives and achieve them with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a range of people including business and manufacturing managers, R&D engineers, technicians, and operators
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 30% of the time
Perceptual Computing (PerC) is an organization within Intel tasked with the research, development, and productization of technologies for Natural User Interaction, encompassing both human to machine and human to human experiences. PerC aims to build technologies that would help users to have natural, immersive and intuitive interaction with computers through not only touch interface but also through hand gestures, voice and video. The objective of PerC is to explore consumer-focused hardware and software applications of close-range hand and finger gestures, speech recognition, face recognition and tracking, augmented reality and more. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.