Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
DTH Technical Development Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Van Buren Township
As Technical Development Leader, you will manage all on-going programs designed to deliver Technical Training across the Hub. You will be responsible for deploying training, education and orientation programs to enable new technical hires to gain proficiency in technical job skills. In addition, you will partner with our HR team on talent pipeline initiatives to attract & develop early technical talent from a variety of sources.
* Manage all local early career related programs designed to develop technical talent pipeline & learning.
* Coordinate all contact with the internal & external stakeholders & partners to develop and deploy programs designed to attract entry level talent to GE Digital.
* Provide world-class programming for learning, pipeline & employee experience at the Hub. Ensure that all relevant requirements and operating guidelines are created for programs to succeed.
* Partner with HR to develop early career pipeline and strategic planning to meet and/or exceed pipeline growth targets for the Hub.
* Manage the cost, technical delivery and quality support for developmental training to assure skill readiness for existing experienced workforce in the technology center.
* Negotiate with GE businesses the pipeline of projects and rotations where early talent resources can be utilized.
* Take the lead role, in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team in developing programs with local universities to draw talent to GE Digital.
* Partner with the Digital Learning Transformation team to facilitate technical training locally, including management of events, programs and facilities to achieve desired learning outcomes.
* Assess technical training needs across NOLA Hub and provide early identification and communicate to the Digital Learning Transformation team
* Identify local resources to deliver technical training as needed, that may also be scaled globally
* Carry out training reviews to determine success, training adoption and overall hub ability to build key technical skills.
* Partner with the Digital Learning Transformation Team and manage multiple events, programs and facilities to achieve desired training outcomes.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in customer management and program management
* Minimum 5 years of direct code delivery and software engineering skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.