Duane Reade is seeking a dynamic, flexible and motivated team player to join the Pharmacy department as a Pharmacy Technician. This position will be responsible for verification of prescription information within Duane Reade Pharmacies.Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies that the prescription information is complete and accurate.
- Retrieves, counts, pours, weighs, measures and sometimes mixes medication.
- Prepares the prescription labels, selects the type of container and affixes the prescription and other labels to the container.
- Prices and files the prescription and insures that it is checked by a Pharmacist before it is given to the patient.
- May establish and maintain patient profiles, prepare insurance claim forms and stocks and takes inventory of prescription medications.
- Refers any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information or health matters to a Pharmacist.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Pharmacist.
- Scan merchandise on the register.
- Stock merchandise on the shelves.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.