Dynamic Systems Engineer needed in the northwest suburbs!
Location:
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Posted:
November 24, 2016
Position Type:
Full Time
Category:
Information Technology
Reference:
01300-0008940942
I have an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to work in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. This is a full-time, direct-hire role.
This position is responsible for the review, inspection, design, development, and maintenance of multiple client infrastructures. 80% of your time will be spent on client projects and deployments, while the remaining 20% will be handling escalations from the lower tier teams. You will be a liaison for the company to the clients and will be the clients' main point of contact. You will be tasked with supporting the Virtualization (primarily VMWare, some Hyper-V), Storage (SAN, NAS, etc.), and Networking (routing, switching, and firewall) components of the client environments. The team is made up of 16 members.
This organization is a managed services provider, operating in multiple verticals and multiple cities across the United States. They are seeking a person who can take ownership of environments, establish relationships and maintain the build trust between them and their clients. This is a permanent, full-time role that offers a great benefits package, including 10 days' vacation, 6 sick days, a 401K with a 50% match up to 6% company contribution, and 13 paid holidays!
To be considered for this role, you must know or have the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years as a Systems Engineer, ideally having had prior Managed Service Provider (MSP) experience
- Experience with Virtualization technology (VMWare required, Hyper-V is a plus)
- Experience with SAN solutions, ideally Dell/EMC
- Good knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing/switching on the LAN/WAN/WLAN, specifically Cisco and SonicWALL, Fortigate knowledge is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Outstanding analytical, prioritization, and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related desired, equivalent education/experience accepted
The following skills/experience is desired by the client:
- Certifications are highly desired (MCITP, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA, VCP, to name a few)
- Prior MSP experience
Please apply on-line to be considered for this position. You should feel free to reach out directly to Brian Kusel at brian.kusel@rht.com or 312.616.7974 via phone.

Requirements

VMware, SAN - Storage Area Network, Dell SonicWALL, Cisco Products

With more than 100 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of IT professionals on a project and full-time basis for initiatives ranging from web development and systems integration to network security and technical support. Through our alliances with industry-leading organizations such as HDI® and the Microsoft® Partner program, we have access to client companies that other staffing firms don't. In addition to our free job search services, we provide our candidates with access to free online technical training and a competitive benefits and compensation package.

Our parent company, Robert Half, once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016)

Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.674.2094 or visit roberthalf.com/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.

All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.

Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet

By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half Terms of Use.

A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.

Know someone who would be interested in this job? Share it with your network.