I have an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to work in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. This is a full-time, direct-hire role.
This position is responsible for the review, inspection, design, development, and maintenance of multiple client infrastructures. 80% of your time will be spent on client projects and deployments, while the remaining 20% will be handling escalations from the lower tier teams. You will be a liaison for the company to the clients and will be the clients' main point of contact. You will be tasked with supporting the Virtualization (primarily VMWare, some Hyper-V), Storage (SAN, NAS, etc.), and Networking (routing, switching, and firewall) components of the client environments. The team is made up of 16 members.
This organization is a managed services provider, operating in multiple verticals and multiple cities across the United States. They are seeking a person who can take ownership of environments, establish relationships and maintain the build trust between them and their clients. This is a permanent, full-time role that offers a great benefits package, including 10 days' vacation, 6 sick days, a 401K with a 50% match up to 6% company contribution, and 13 paid holidays!
To be considered for this role, you must know or have the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years as a Systems Engineer, ideally having had prior Managed Service Provider (MSP) experience
- Experience with Virtualization technology (VMWare required, Hyper-V is a plus)
- Experience with SAN solutions, ideally Dell/EMC
- Good knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing/switching on the LAN/WAN/WLAN, specifically Cisco and SonicWALL, Fortigate knowledge is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Outstanding analytical, prioritization, and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related desired, equivalent education/experience accepted
The following skills/experience is desired by the client:
- Certifications are highly desired (MCITP, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA, VCP, to name a few)
- Prior MSP experience
Please apply on-line to be considered for this position. You should feel free to reach out directly to Brian Kusel at email@example.com or 312.616.7974 via phone.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.