Dynamics AX Developer
position will assist in the development tasks during the process of implementing AX7 (cloud) in a retail environment and continue to enhance after go-live. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and support for our Microsoft Dynamics AX7 System. Candidates need to have a strong AX background with great written and verbal skills.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in retail implementations, as well as experience in developing and implementing AX solutions. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to translate functional/business requirement to technical solutions. This role must have a strong sense of customer service skill, team partnership, be self-motivated, timeline driven with an overall willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges. Must Haves:
- AX 2012, AX7 from a development standpoint. Must have worked on solutions from start to end. Must also have experience with X++ and data entity.
- .NET, C# development on web applications. Sharepoint also a plus.
- SQL programming with SSRS.
- Define solutions for Dynamics AX integrations with existing systems
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns including Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Fluent in Microsoft Dynamics AX Data Structures (2012 R2 and 2012 R3)
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Configuration, coding, unit testing, code walk-throughs and debugging applications in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Document functional AX processes and ensure that technical documentation (i.e. configuration guides, install guides) meets the requirements
- Mentor other developers and software engineers to grow AX functional knowledge and expertise within the group
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as COTS code defects, configuration issues, custom code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues
- Manage vendors (system integrators) to develop solutions - define scope, deliverables, etc.
- Coordinates any hotfixes/service packs/feature packs/cumulative updates/environment restores
- Coordinates/enforces version control on all code in the development environment and deployment to TEST and PROD environments
- Support Dynamics AX application and fix production issues to ensure availability.
- Monitor environment performance and suggest refinements on application configuration or hardware as needed
- Assist with the definition and set-up of security roles
Education & Certification:
- A minimum of 4 years direct work experience in an AX ERP environment
- At least 3 years development experience using X++ and MorphX IDE in Dynamics AX
- Experience in maintaining multiple Dynamics AX environments
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 and database design
- Experience with SSAS and SSRS
- Thorough understanding of application development life cycle and large scale software implementation methodologies
- Experience developing in AX (2012 R3 experience a plus)
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other source control system a must
- Dynamics AX integration experience (AIF, Web Services)
- An understanding of best practices for Dynamics AX development, documentation standards and processes
- Retail Experience preferred. Experience with Retail POS Systems and exposure to AX7 version a plus.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, iterative, or waterfall development and project methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, math or technical discipline or equivalent experience required
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Certification preferred
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to communicate technical information to business audience.
- Ability to partner with business, identify business needs and proactively manage expectations.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Extensive Dynamics AX functional experience in key Dynamics AX modules including Finance/Inventory Management/Master Planning/Purchasing/Sales/POS
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.