E&R Industrial, a wholly owned subsidiary of Grainger, is an innovative, full-line industrial supply distributor committed to brand name quality products, competitive prices, and on-time delivery. Our dedicated staff of professionals is proactive in creating cost effective solutions designed to meet and exceed the demands of our valued customers. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
National Account Managers must be able to clearly articulate business drivers, balance sheets, and total cost of ownership concepts with executives and decision makers. The Automotive MRO Account Manager will proactively build business opportunities around supporting and improving the manufacturing process with solutions that solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
Provides customers with solutions that reduce costs or increase efficiency with innovative product or service applications.
- Develops solution options using ongoing dialogue with the customer and all available technology
- Links features and benefits to business outcomes
- Works with internal E&R/Grainger contacts and manufacturer partners to ensure ability to support solutions
- Performs and documents cost savings analysis for customer solutions
- Uses checking questions to gain feedback from customer on customized solution recommendation
- Engages E&R/Grainger resources to develop plan and timeline to implement solution
- Drives implementation plan with customer
- Checks with customer to ensure business needs are being met
- Leverages post-implementation success to gain more information from the customer about future needs
- Minimum of three years of successful complex selling experience, preferably in the Automotive and/or Tier I & II supplier segments
- Possess the business acumen to position the E&R Industrial solution as a strategic advantage for our customers.
- Ability to establish and expand relationships with key executives and decision makers and manufacturing personnel within each customer organization
- Results driven - documented success in exceeding sales goals or objectives.
- Strong process discipline - ability to align planning objectives with a pipeline development process to grow and develop territory revenue.
- Experience in developing strategic plans and accurate forecasts for accounts.
- Understanding and awareness of major cutting tool brands and applications, and the ability to distinguish market offers and capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience is highly desired, but not required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, and Microsoft Office Programs
A valid driver's license and the ability to travel are required
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.