Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Retain and penetrate multi-site accounts with the MRO potential of $500K-$19 million. Develop headquarters and site specific relationships to drive contract compliance, expansion and to ensure Grainger becomes the organization's primary MRO provider in both product and services.
This role will negotiate profitable agreements, ensure the implementation and compliance to agreements both with the customer and direct sales team and Grainger resources.
• Provide visible leadership and facilitation of the sales management process to create improved revenues and earnings for the Company.
• Develop and implement programs and plans for the accomplishment of Company sales, GP and related services objectives.
• Provide functional direction and personal involvement as required to support the direct sales and customer service teams in the planning, penetration and barrier removal within high potential sites.
• Improve and/or maintain profitable growth with existing National Accounts.
• Develop/negotiate new agreements that position Grainger as the Primary or sole source MRO provider.
• Evaluate, negotiate and direct the development, maintenance, or discontinuation of Customer agreements through the contract management process.
• Develop and ensure the implementation of value-added programs and key measurements that align the customer's business objectives and our core value proposition.
• Coach Field Sales Team members relative to the strategic and tactical implementation of customer specific market plans while providing feedback for their professional development.
• Provide leadership in Change Management methodology throughout the customer's organization.
• Create and maintain a strong relationship and communication plan with field and support management.
Proven Track record of 3+ years Sales Performance selling a structured value proposition. Undergraduate degree preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency/competency in the following areas:
• Drives Profitable Growth
• Closes Through Logical Steps
• Develops Knowledge of Grainger Solutions
• Maximizes Contract Value By Owning Execution
• Inspires Accountability and Teamwork
• Prioritizes Work Through Logical Analysis
• Negotiates Win-Win Solutions
• Provides Structured Development
• Expansion Through Account Penetration
• Makes Joint Calls
This position requires an autonomous thinker and self starter that can work in an environment with a great deal of ambiguity, while leveraging the vast resources of Grainger in a field based position. Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. Interacts effectively with teammates and business partners; makes persuasive and informative presentations; Works well with conflict.
This position interacts closely with all functional areas, across all levels within the Company & customer and requires excellent change leadership, driving results through others, influence without authority, written and verbal executive communication and conflict management skills.
Approximately 60% - 75% of travel is required.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.